Nootka lupines, Ninilchik, Alaska. Source: flickr photostream jimsawthat
Our three part series of gardening talks from the Alaska Botanical Garden conference concludes this week on Addressing Alaskans with two separate presentations. In the first half of the show visit gardens and dinner tables around the world in Julie Riley’s talk entitled “The Culture of Gardening.” Riley also talks about the diverse community gardens throughout Anchorage. In the second half of the show, hear from Alaska wildflower extraordinaire, Verna Pratt on “Growing Wildflowers in the Home Garden.”
- UAF Cooperative Extension Service in Anchorage
- Alaskakrafts, Inc.
- Alaska Native Plant Society
- Alaska Master Gardener – Anchorage Chapter
- Books by Verna Pratt
- Community Forum: Alaska Wildflowers with Verna Pratt
BROADCAST ON KSKA: Thursday April 21, 2011 at 2:00 p.m., repeats Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
RECORDED: Saturday, March 12, 2011
- Julie Riley, Horticulture Agent, UAF Cooperative Extension Service in Anchorage
- Verna Pratt, renowned naturalist, garden writer
Addressing Alaskans features local lectures and forums recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.
Audio will be posted following live broadcast from 2:00 – 3:00 pm