He’s the man who brought the first great cup of coffee to Anchorage. Perry Merkel started Cafe Del Mundo before anyone had ever heard of Starbucks. Three decades later, he is retiring and has sold the business. Join host Charles Wohlforth for a conversation with Perry, and your questions, on Hometown, Alaska.
We’ll have a coffee klatch to learn about the man who has been like a host at the city’s kitchen table for so many years Wednesday at 2:00 pm, repeating at 7:00 pm.
Photo from Cafe Del Mundo
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Charles Wohlforth, independent journalist and Alaskan author
- Perry Merkel, founder and owner, Cafe Del Mundo
LIVE: Wed, April 27, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, April 27, 2011 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast