Real job development means finding investable models that use local resources. But what are the local resources of an economically depressed area? Majora Carter has some ideas – ideas she put to work in the South Bronx. She’s coming to Alaska, and she’ll be on the next Talk of Alaska.
Photo by Josh Edge, APRN – Anchorage: From left, Majora Carter, Sara Boario and Dave Cleaves join Talk of Alaska host, Steve Heimel in the APRN studios.
Download Audio (MP3)
- Steve Heimel, APRN
- Majora Carter, developer of Climate Adaptation, Urban Micro AgriBusiness, and Leadership Development strategies
- Sara Boario, Chugach National Forest Office of Public Affairs and Partnerships
- Dave Cleaves, National Climate Change Adviser, U.S. Forest Service
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.