June Schedule Highlights
OPRY MEMORIES: will take you back to the golden era of country music. Join host John Schneider from the Grand Ole Opry House as he brings you stars like Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, George Jones and Loretta Lynn performing their biggest hits in the prime of their careers.
Taped at the historic Ryman Auditorium, the famous former home of the Grand Ole Opry, these performances have been preserved and restored to pristine condition, with top quality sound and video and all are in beautiful, full color.
My Perestroika: is an intimate look at the last generation of Soviet children. Five classmates go from living sheltered childhoods to experiencing the hopes of Gorbachev’s reforms and the confusion of the USSR’s dissolution to searching for their places in today’s Moscow.
With candor and humor, the punk rocker, single mother, entrepreneur and married teachers paint a picture of the challenges, dreams and disappointments of those raised behind the Iron Curtain. Through first-person testimony, vérité footage and vintage home movies, this beautifully crafted documentary reveals a Russia rarely seen on film.
Other June Highlights Include:
- Survive and Thrive. Thursday, June 2. Starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Nature: Bears of the Last Frontier (parts 1 and 2). Tuesday, June 7. Starting at 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
- Nature: Echo: An Elephant to Remember. Thursday, June 9. Starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Masterpiece Mystery! Poirot XI. Sundays, June 19 and 26. Starting at 8:00 p.m.
- NOVA: What are Dreams?: Wednesday, June 29. Starting at 8:00 p.m.
Our Complete June Schedules:
- Early Morning (PDF)
- Daytime (PDF)
- June 4 & 5 Daytime (PDF)
- June 11 & 12 Daytime (PDF)
- Primetime (PDF)
Click here to see our June Primetime Guide