Parenting an adolescent can be challenging in terms of communication. Licensced clinical social worker Richard Steinzeig is our in-studio guest this week on Line One, and we’ll be talking about how temperaments differ between male and female teenagers, how social media affects parenting teenagers, and the top ten parenting traps. Call-in with your questions and comments Monday 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
- Steinzeig: Top 10 Parenting Traps (pdf)
- “A Parent’s Guide to Surviving the Teen Years” from Nemour’s KidsHealth
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry’s “Normal Adolescent Development Part 1
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry’s “Normal Adolescent Development Part 2
- The Brain in Adolescence
- Richard Steinzieg, LCSW
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, July 11, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, July 11, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.