Monday, July 25 at 2:00 pm
Alaska is one of the few states participating in the emerging practice of Health Impact Assessments (HIAs), a combination of procedures and methods used to judge the potential effects of a program or practice on the health of a population. This week on Line One, state epidemiologists, Paul Anderson and Joe McLaughlin join host Dr. Thad Woodard to discuss how they’re using HIA’s to improve the health of Alaskans.
- State of Alaska Dept. Epidemiology: Alaska’s Health Impact Assessment Program (PDF)
- State of Alaska Dept. of Epidemiology
- CDC: Health Impact Assessment
- Health Impact Project
- UCLA: Health Impact Assessment
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- Paul Anderson, MD, Epidemiologist, State of Alaska, Division of Public Health
- Joe McLaughlin, MD, Epidemiologist, State of Alaska, Division of Public Health
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, July 25, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, July 25, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.