It’s a new frontier in the telecommunications world. A fiber-optic cable has been placed under Lake Illiamna, in remote western Alaska, to bring broad-band internet access to villages across a large swath of the state. In what ways will this empower people and what will they do with it?
- TERRA SW
- TERRA SW Milestones: Dillingham
- Maps and Locations
- Institute of Social and Economic Research
- Steve Heimel, APRN
- Jim Nordlund, USDA Office of Rural Development
- Heather Hudson, Director, University of Alaska Anchorage Institute of Social and Economic Research
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, August 9 , 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
Click here to find previous Talk of Alaskas