Redistricting in Alaska
Wednesday, August 10 at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm
The State of Alaska received its 2010 Census redistricting data in March and one month later, adopted a revised set of redistricting maps. How were these new maps developed and what do they mean for Alaska residents? Join host Shelly Wade and her guests when they take your calls and answer your questions about redistricting in Alaska on the next Hometown Alaska.
- Municipality of Anchorage: MyNeighborhood
- Alaska Redistricting Board: Current Districts
- Alaska Redistricting Board: Option 1
- Alaska Redistricting Board: Option 2
- Alaska Redistricting Board: Private Plans
- Redistricting Challengers Will Present Case in January (8 Aug 2011)
- Alaska Redistricting Lawsuits Consolidated (25 July 2011)
- Redistricting Leads to Big Election Year in 2012 (13 June 2011)
- Critics Label Redistricting Plan ‘Flawed’ (8 June 2011)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Shelly Wade, independent journalist
GUEST: Taylor Bickford, Executive Director, Alaska Redistricting Board, Anchorage, AK
LIVE: Wed, August 10, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, August 10, 2011 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast