The Alaska State Fair
The Alaska State Fair starts next week, with rides and booths, national headline entertainment, and, of course, gigantic vegetables. Have you ever seen a 19-pound carrot? Or a 76-pound rutabaga? What are you waiting for? We’ll talk about the practicalities of having a good visit to the fair, fun memories, and what makes it so enjoyable.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Charles Wohlforth, independent journalist
- Dean Phipps. Director of Marketing, Alaska State Fair
LIVE: Wed, August 17, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wed, August 17, 2011 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Get Hometown, Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast