Joint Replacement Surgery
Joint replacement surgery is becoming more common, with knees and hips replaced most often. As of 2009, about 773,000 Americans have a hip or knee replaced each year. This week on Line One, Dr. Thad and guest Dr. John Lapkass of Anchorage Fracture and Orthopedic Center discuss the indications for, the types of surgery available, and the outcome expectation of the common joint replacement surgeries.
- eMedicine: Total Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
- MedinePlus: Elbow replacement
- Anchorage Fracture and Orthopedic Center
- Minimally-Invasive Joint Replacement Part 1
- Minimally-Invasive Joint Replacement Part 2
- Minimally-Invasive Joint Replacement Part 3
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health
- Dr. John Lapkass, Anchorage orthopedic surgeon, Anchorage Fracture and Orthopedic Center
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, September 26, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, September 26, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.