Medicare in Alaska
Alaskan seniors are seeing changes to Medicare under the federal Affordable Care Act. Dates for enrolling in prescription drug plans or changing existing plans are now earlier. What else do Alaskans need to know about changes to Medicare? What is a Medical Home? How is the shortage of doctors who will take Medicare patients in Alaska being addressed?
- State of Alaska, Medicare information office – 269-3680 or 1-800-478-6065
- Providence Senior Care Center – 212-3420
- Alaska Medicare Clinic – 433-5100
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Judith Benderski, State of Alaska, Medicare information office
- Dr. Cathi Shumacher, Providence Senior Care
- Dr. George Rhyneer, Alaska Medicare Clinic
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.