Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
It sounds like something out of Star Wars, but SBRT is being used everyday and it’s incredibly precise. It’s a way to beam radiation to a tumor while minimizing damage to healthy tissue. Find out more about this new procedure with Dr. Thad Woodard and his guest radiation oncologist, Dr. Kara Bucci on the next Line One Your Health Connection.
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- NCCN Resources for Patients
- American Cancer Society
- RT Answers – Answers to Your Radiation Therapy Questions
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- Up To Date: Stereotactic body radiation therapy: Rationale and clinical experience
- American Society for Radiation Oncology: Plain Talk, For Radiation Therapy Patients, Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (PDF)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
GUEST: Dr. Kara Bucci, radiation oncologist, Anchorage and Valley Radiation Therapy Centers
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, Ocotober 31, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, October 31, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health