Monday on Line One take a look at the early exploration of blood transfusions in 17th century Europe and see what this might tell us about ourselves. Holly Tucker author of Blood Work: A Tale of Medicine and Murder in the Scientific Revolution joins host Dr. Woodard to take your phone calls and questions.
- Holly Tucker website
- PBS: Red Gold. Blood history timeline
- Vanderbilt University: Holly Tucker
- NPR Science Friday: Murder, Medicine and the History of Transfusion
- Wellcome Images
- Images from the History of Medicine
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
GUEST: Holly Tucker, PhD is Associate Professor at Vanderbilt University; author Blood Work: A Tale of Medicine and Murder in the Scientific Revolution
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, December 5, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, December 5, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health