Cataracts are a common cause of poor vision especially in the older population. Without treatment vision will worsen over time but treatment is available. Our guest today, Dr. Matthew Guess, specializes in cataracts and will discuss the causes, prevention, symptoms and treatment of different types of cataract.
- YouTube: Cataract Surgery 3D Animation
- MedlinePlus: Cataract
- National Eye Institute: Facts About Cataract
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, December 19, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, December 19, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health