The Undersea Aleutians
We know more about outer space than we do about the undersea environment of our own planet. This is especially true in the mysterious waters of the Aleutian Islands, where unknown creatures and plants are being discovered.
- Sea Life of the Aleutians
- Alaska Deep Ocean Research Institute
- UAS Canyon lecture in 2008 Evening at Egan series (6th lecture in series)
Stories About the Expedition:
- Anchorage Daily News September 2007
- Juneau Empire September 2007
- Anchorage Daily News: Revelations from the Deep
- SCIENCE magazine October 2007
- University of Alaska Geophysical Institute Science Forum, Revelations from a deep sea canyon, by Ned Rozell Fairbanks, Alaska
- Dutch Harbor Fisherman
- Dutch Harbor Fisherman: Photo on page 6
- Alaska Public Radio – 8/13/2007
- Alaska Public Radio – 8/21/2007
- AK: Scott Burton’s Interview with Scholl and Ridgway about 14-15 minutes into radio piece called “In the Trenches”
- Stephen Jewett, research professor, University of Alaska Fairbanks, co-author of “Sea Life of the Aleutians”
- Michelle Ridgway, Alaska Deep Ocean Research Institute
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.