Breast Cancer From Diagnosis through Treatment
Hypothetical patient, 45 year old Ms. Johnson has probable cancer discovered on a routine mammogram. This week on Line One: Your Health Connection, we visit with a breast surgeon and a cancer specialist to learn her treatment options and their rationale. What kind of surgery is recommended? What are the treatment options based on her specific breast cancer type and behavior? Who is involved in her care and how do they interact? What about a second opinion? What is the likely outcome? Why don’t you join us to learn more?
- PubMed Health: Breast cancer
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Beyond the Shock
- National Cancer Institute: Breast Cancer
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Jeanne Anderson, MD, cancer specialist, Katmai Oncology Group
- Laurie Bleicher, MD, breast surgeon
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, February 6, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, February 6, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health
Dr. Thad and his guests will not be taking phone calls or emails this week.