Frank Reed came to Anchorage in 1915 and recently passed at the age of 99. Frank was healthy and active up to a week before his passing last month, in fact he had been planning (and prepaid) his 100th Birthday Bash which will still take place next December 22, 1912 at the Alaska Railroad Depot. This month on Alaska Radio Reader Rambler, a tribute and stories about Frank Reed, iconic Amazing Alaskan.
Alaska is so lucky as he had an extraordinary detailed memory and family photo albums from the early 20th century. You may recall Frank on KSKA’s Hometown, Alaska talking about Alaska on that fateful Pearl Harbor day.
- KSKA: Frank Reed Passes Away at 99 (23 Jan 2012)
- Hometown Alaska: Anchorage in World War II with guest Frank Reed (2 Dec 2011)
- ADN: Frank Reed who came to Anchorage in 1915, dies at 99 (23 Jan 2012)
HOST: Sandy Harper & Dick Reichman
- Pauline, Frank Reed’s daughter
- Jack McGary, Frank Reed’s Nephew
- Jean Paul, Frank Reeds neighbor and friend since 1949; host Stage Talk
ORIGINAL BROADCAST: February 27, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Alaska Radio Reader Rambler updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast