The film industry tax credit bill, Senate Bill 23, is undergoing some changes in the House, and there is a risk of no decision on renewing the program this year. The program does not expire until next year, but supporters say the planning horizons of the industry are such that plans already in the works will be cancelled if there is no assurance the tax credits will be renewed. Are the House changes deal breakers?
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Jeffrey Silverman, Blueberry Productions, longtime Alaska film-maker
- Ron Holmstrom, Screen Actor’s Guild
- Bob Crockett, Piksik Corporation, President, Alaska Film Group
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
Audio will be posted following radio broadcast