The International Polar Year Revisited
It was a wave of scientific exploration designed to bring back knowledge of the fastest changing areas of the planet – the North and South Poles. The explorers have been back for several years now, and politics are beginning to intervene.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- David Hayes, Deputy Secretary of the Interior
- Jay Gulledge, senior scientist and director of the Science and Impacts Program, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Eddy Carmack, Chapman Chair of Physical Sciences, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.