Depression and Bipolar Illness
Depression and bipolar illness impact one in five Americans. They cost our economy billions of dollars a year in lost productivity. More is spent treating them than treating cancer, yet up to half of sufferers do not receive the care they need. Monday on Line One, President of the National Network of Depression Centers, Dr. John Greden joins us to discuss these illnesses and efforts to improve diagnosis and treatment.
- University of Michigan Depression Center: Depression tool kit
- American Psychiatric Association: Healthyminds
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- University of Michigan: Dr. John Greden
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
GUEST: John Greden, MD is the Founding Chair/President of the National Network of Depression Centers, Founder and Executive Director of the University of Michigan Depression Center, and former chair of psychiatry at U of Michigan. He is also a Professor of Psychiatry, Research Professor of the Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, Rachel Upjohn Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, and President of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health