Don’t miss Bargains & Auction Fun – LIVE on KSKA Radio
Sponsored in part by
Tune into 91.1FM, to bid by phone on a terrific line up of items & gift certificates from event & sporting tickets, car & pet care, home related & auto repair shops, spas, salons, hotels, adventures & much more.
When: Saturday, May 12 from 9:00 am to Noon AND Sunday, May 13 from 1 pm to 2:30 pm
Where: KSKA 91.1 FM public radio
How: Bid by Phone- Call 550-8484 or 1-800-478-5256 to bid
For: Benefits KSKA public radio
For other questions: Call Gena 550-8400
Please click HERE for a list of the items that are coming up for bid on Sunday!
Thanks to the following in-kind & financial donors:
Country Garden Farms
The Bagel Factory
Pam & John Whitney
Dark Horse Coffee Company
Uncle Joe’s Pizza
Thanks to our Phone Banks:
The Anchorage Education Association
Service High School Navy JROTC
Special Offerings to Participants
The 2011-2012 Northern Lights Coupon Book
This popular local product is published annually right here in Anchorage and is full of outstanding 2 for 1 and high-dollar discounts at more than 200 restaurants in the South Central area. From casual to fine dining, cruises, museums, car rentals and more, yours to experience when you call in or come by and make a contribution of $50 or more to KSKA radio(NPR). This is a great way to support the auction and Alaska public broadcasting. Available now while supplies last at KAKM studio, 3877 University Dr.
Our thanks to Jeff , Terry, & Northern Lights Entertainment.
Bidding by Phone
When you see a piece announced on air for bidding, call us immediately:
• 550-8484 in Anchorage
• 1-800-478-5256 outside Anchorage, toll-free
We have a phone bank of 8 to take your call and bid with you. If you don’t get through, hang up and keep trying — many times bidders on the phone will drop out as prices rise, thus freeing a phone line for a new bidder.
Official Bidding Rules & Procedures
• Bidding is done by calling in on phone or/and by the attendees in the studio.
• Each item being offered will be described, including the item number and title.
• Look and listen for any restrictions on the website and/or read by the emcee
• If you see an item on which you wish to bid, immediately dial 550-8484 (in Anchorage) or 1-800-478-5256 (outside Anchorage) to initiate bidding.
• The operator must take your name and phone number before you bid
• The operator will tell you the highest current bid.
• There are up to 8 simultaneous phone bidders plus a variable number of in-studio bidders that you are potentially bidding against.
• In the event of two identical bids, the Auctioneer reserves the right to determine which bid he or she considers first.
• If you are the highest bidder, a confirmation operator will call you within one hour of the item’s sale to pay for your item(s), which will then be mailed to you.
The “Value” represents the donor’s estimated value of the item or the value recommended by the judges or research. This is not a “minimum” or “price” and is furnished only as a guide to prospective bidders.We recommend bidders listen for restrictions and see the website for the items.
Condition of Sale
• Proceeds from the KSKA Great Gift Certificate Auction will benefit Alaska Public Telecommunications, Inc. (APTI), 3877 University Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508. APTI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit / charitable corporation and operates KAKM Public Television (Channel 7), KSKA Public Radio (FM 91.1) and the Alaska Public Radio Network (APRN).
• APTI assumes no risk, liability, or responsibility for the authenticity of the authorship of any property identified in the auction catalog, website, or live television presentation, (that is, the identity of the creator or the period, culture, source, or origin, as the case may be, with which the creation of any property is identified herein).
• All property is sold “as is” and APTI does not make any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event will be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, historical period, or condition of the property, and no statement in the catalog or made at the sale of in the bill of sale or invoice or in the script of elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability.
• APTI makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to whether the purchaser acquires any reproduction rights in the property.
• APTI reserves the right to withdraw any property at any time before actual sale.
• APTI reserves the right to rearrange the item presentation schedule at any time before or during the live auction.
• Successful bidders must arrange for payment before APTI mails the certificates to them. All certificates will be mailed unless previous arrangements are made.
• Payments may be made by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.