Bike To Work Week
People-powered transportation gets more popular every year. As Alaska’s city dwellers take to two wheels for Bicycle to Work Week, Talk of Alaska will hear their progress reports. Right now, as federal fuel tax funds are shrinking because people are driving fewer miles, we’ll talk about how much of that money should be used for pedestrians and bicyclists, on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Darren Flusche, Policy Analyst, League of American Bicyclists
- Brighid O’Keane, Program Manager for the Advocacy Advance effort, Alliance for Biking and Walking
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.