The Brave New World of Electronics Addiction
Are you or someone you know addicted to your cell phone? The internet? A video game? Facebook? How do you know? Monday’s Line One program addresses the evidence for and consequences of addiction to new technologies.
- NYU Child Study Center: Video Games Cons and Pros
- NYU Child Study Center: Video Games and Kids: Why they love them, and what parents can do to minimize the risks
- Parent Further: A Positive Approach to Parenting
- Psych Central: Internet Addiction Guide
- Bridges Counseling Connection, Anchorage
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Prentiss Pemberton, LCSW, Bridges Counseling Connection, Anchorage
- Lori Hickman, MS, LPC, Bridges Counseling Connection, Anchorage
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, May 21, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health