Youthfulness and Usefulness: What’s Age Got To Do With It?
Age, nothing but a number? Or a telling fact on how we live our lives? This week on Addressing Alaskans listen to a panel discussion with World Class snowboarder, Casey Smith; Alaska legislator Arliss Sturgulewski; Alaska Native Leader, Willie Hensley; founder of Total Health Clinic Anchorage, Dr. Richard Newman and Dr. Ann Jache of UAA. “Youthfulness and Usefulness: What’s Age Got to Do With It?” was recorded at the UAA bookstore in April.
BROADCAST ON KSKA: Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
RECORDED: Thursday April 5, 2012 at UAA Bookstore
- Dr. Ann Jache, Chair Gerontology Minor, UAA Sociology Department
- Casey Smith, World Class Snowboarder
- Arliss Sturgulewski, Distinguished Alaska State Legislator
- Dr. Richard Newman, founder Total Health Clinic Anchorage
- Willie Hensley, Alaska Native Leader and Distinguished Professor in Public Policy and Administration.
MODERATOR: JP Ouellette, Human Services Practicum IV student, UAA
HOST: UAA Bookstore and UAA Human Services class ‘Adulthood and Aging,’ and Practicums II, III and IV
EVENT: UAA Bookstore event
Addressing Alaskans features local lectures and forums recorded at public events taking place in Southcentral, Alaska. A variety of local organizations host speakers addressing topics that matter to Alaskans. To let us know about an upcoming community event that you would like to hear on Addressing Alaskans, please Contact Us with details.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Addressing Alaskans updates automatically — via e-mail, RSS or podcasts.