Jack London and Robert Service contributed much to the public’s perception of Alaska even though most of their adventures took place in Canada. Just as influential but much less remembered is Belmore Browne, an artist and outdoorsman who tried to climb Mount McKinley a hundred years ago this month.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Brian Okonek, former owner of Alaska Denali Guiding
- Arthur Mannix, co-owner of Topnotch Log Builders, volunteer at Northern Susitna Institute
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.