Obesity in Alaska
In case you haven’t noticed much of the developed world is overweight, but many are beginning to fight back. On the next edition of Line One, we will be discussing some local efforts to help treat and prevent obesity.
- Health Futures AK
- Alaska Children’s Heart Center
- State of Alaska: Obesity Prevention and Control
- Alaska Division of Public Health: Get Out and Play. Every day.
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute: We Can! in Alaska
- CDC: Overweight and Obesity
- Mayo Clinic: Weight-loss basics
- Mayo Clinic: HCG Diet: Is It Safe and Effective?
- NPR: Living Large: Obesity in America
- HBO’s The Weight of the Nation
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Karol Fink , Program Manager, Obesity Prevention and Control Program, State of Alaska Division of Public Health
- Cindy Norquest, Healthy Futures Program Director
- Katie Butler, Family Nurse Practicioner, Alaska Children’s Heart Center in Anchorage, WOLF (Working On Lifetime Fitness) and We Can! (Ways to Enhance Children’s Activity & Nutrition)
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, June 18, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, June 18, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health