With researchers headed to the world’s high latitudes for the International Polar Year, a team from Fairbanks decided to follow the Arctic Circle across North America by snowmachine. Along with scientific observations, they learned a lot about the land itself, and its history. The book “Finding the Arctic” is the subject on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Mathew Sturm, Army Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory
- Hig Higman, partner, Ground Truth Trekking
- Erin McKittrick, partner, Ground Truth Trekking, author of “A Long Trek Home: 4,000 Miles by Boot, Raft and Ski”
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.