What happened to our King Salmon runs this year? Subsistence fishing has been cut back so deeply that leaders in the western part of the state want a disaster declaration. We’ll hear what Alaskans have to say about the King Salmon decline, and we’ll probe the limits of scientific knowledge about salmon in the ocean, on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Carl Safina, Blue Ocean Institute, author of “Song for the Blue Ocean,” and “The View from Lazy Point”
- Ed Farley, NOAA, Ted Stevens Marine Research Institute
- Karen Gillis, AYK Sustainable Salmon Initiative
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.