The War, a seven-part documentary series directed and produced by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick, explores the history and horror of the Second World War from an American perspective by following the fortunes of so-called ordinary men and women who become caught up in one of the greatest cataclysms in human history.
Start at the beginning of War World II from December 1941-December 1942 as four veterans recount their own stories. Watch them tell stories about their lives before the war, and take a closer look at the Japanese-American relocation camps, the attack on Pearl Harbor, that attack, the fall of the Phillipines, the Bataan Death March, and the battle of Midway.
At the end of America’s first year of war, more than 35,000 Americans in uniform have died. Before the war can end, 10 times that many will lose their lives.
- TV: A Necessary War – Tuesday, 7/31 at 8 pm
- TV: When Things Get Tough – Wednesday, 8/01 at 8 pm
- TV: A Deadly Calling – Thursday, 8/02 at 8 pm
- TV: Pride of our Nation – Sunday, 8/05 at 8 pm
- TV: FUBAR – Monday, 8/06 at 8 pm
- TV: The Ghost Front – Tuesday, 8/07 at 8 pm
- TV: A World Without War – Wednesday, 8/08 at 8 pm