Hundreds Without Power In Anchorage
Chugach Electric is reporting that they recently restored power to over 1,000 customers served by the Indian, O’Malley and Hillside substations.
They say hundreds of others are still without power.
Municipal Light & Power is reporting that roughly 100 customers lost power last night, mostly in neighborhoods south of Providence Alaska Medical Center, but power was restored by 1 a.m., according to their Facebook page.
A high wind warning from the National Weather Service remains in effect for the Anchorage Bowl until 6 p.m. tonight.
- Office of Emergency Management: Windstorm and Power Outage Information
- Municipal Light & Power Facebook
- ML&P phone 279-7671 or 1-888-999-5340
- ML&P website
- Chugach Electric Facebook
- Chugach phone 762-7888 or toll-free at 1-800-478-7494
- Chugach website
- Matanuska Electric Association Facebook
- MEA phone in Mat-Su Valley: 746-7697
- MEA phone in in Eagle River: 696-7697
- MEA website
- Anchorage Conditions Hotline: 907-343-4701
- Red Cross: Emergency kit
- MOA: Emergency Management
- Alaska Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- DHHS: Food Safety During a Power Outage (PDF)
- OEM: More Wind on the Way Helpful information and how you can prepare (PDF) Sept. 12, 2012
- ML&P: Customers Urged to Prepare for Possible Outages (PDF) Sept. 13, 2012
- MOA: Wood Lot Season Further Extended (PDF) Sept. 13, 2012
- MOA: Wood Lot Summary Grid (PDF) Sept. 13, 2012
EVENTS & TRAVEL
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR PART OF TOWN? CONTACT US
- alaskapublic on facebook