Few books have been as influential as Rachel Carson’s “Silent Spring,” published 50 years ago this month. What is the legacy of “Silent Spring” in Alaska, where we have always had plenty of eagles and clean air and water? Until recently. We’ll have a closer look at the meaning of Rachel Carson’s 50 year old message for Alaska on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Pam Miller, Executive Director, Alaska Community Action on Toxics
- Carl Safina, Blue Ocean Institute, MacArthur Foundation Fellow, author of “The View from Lazy Point”
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.