When is Screening for Disease Not a Good Idea?
Monday on Line One, Dr. Woodard hosts Dr. Gilbert Welch of the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Research to discuss the basis of his latest book, Overdiagnosed: Making People Sick in the Pursuit of Health.
- New York Times Q & A with Dr. Brawley: How Doctors and Patients Do Harm
- How We Do Harm: A Doctor Breaks Ranks About Being Sick in America by Otis Brawley
- H. Gilbert Welch – Over-Diagnosed: Making People Sick in the Pursuit of Health
- Dr H. Gilbert Welch and the PSA Test
- TEDMED 2012: Otis Brawley
- Behind the Science: Mammography with Dr. Otis Brawley
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
GUEST: Dr. Gilbert Welch, professor of medicine, Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Research; author, Overdiagnosed: Making People Sick in the Pursuit of Health
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday September 24, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. AKST
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday September 24, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. AKST
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.