More than a year and a half after the catastrophic tsunami in Japan, radiation is still leaking from destroyed nuclear power plants into the ocean. Debris from the earthquake and tidal wave is now north of Hawaii and headed our way. Wind-blown debris has already arrived. What is being done to respond?
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Peter Murphy, Alaska Regional Coordinator, Marine Debris Program, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Dave Gaudett, Marine Debris Program Coordinator, Marine Conservation Alliance Foundation
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.