Alaska isn’t exactly known as an ice climbing destination. But more and more of the state’s residents are falling in love with the sport. On this Outdoor Explorer will talk about everything from historic first ascents on ice climbs in Alaska to advice on getting into the sport. And we’ll head out with guest host Annie Feidt as she tries ice climbing for the first time.
ICE CLIMBING LINKS:
- Alaska Ice Climbing
- Ascending Path Alaska
- Mountaineering Club of Alaska
- Alaska Mountaineering School
- Joe Stock| Stock Alpine
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
Have you ever been ice climbing?
If you’ve seen someone ice climbing on Turnagain Arm, what would you like to ask them?
OUTDOOR EXPLORER CALENDAR EVENTS:
- Alaska Board of Game Southcentral Region Meeting (March 15 – 19)
- SKAN24 – SKi All Night at Kincaid (March 23)
- Free Fire Building Course (March 27)
- Oosik Classic Ski Race Tour (March 16)
HOST: Annie Feidt
- Carl Tobin, legendary Alaska Ice Climber
- Matt Szundy, owner of Ascending Path Alaska
- Post a comment below (comments may be read on-air)
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via