The federal government has released a new “Integrated Management Plan for the Rapidly Changing Arctic,” which emphasizes the integrity of eco-systems, inter-agency co ordination, and working more closely with Native tribes and corporations. Science and Alaska Natives is the subject of the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Craig George, Senior Wildlife Biologist, North Slope Borough Department of Wildlife Management
- Richard Glenn, Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Executive Vice President for Lands and Natural Resources
- Kate Reedy-Maschner, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, Idaho State University, member of NPFMC Scientific and Statistical Panel
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.