Menu Schedule Links

1412_Michael-Howard

FEMA Assesses Galena Damages

By | June 10, 2013

The Federal Emergency Management Agency toured Galena this weekend to estimate how much monetary damage was done by this year’s flood.

State of Alaska Emergency Management Specialist George Coyle says if FEMA determines damage is significant enough to declare Galena a federal disaster area and President Obama approves, the federal government would pay 75 percent of the total estimated damage cost, while the State of Alaska would foot the other 25 percent.

Download Audio

You can subscribe to APRN’s newsfeeds via email, podcast and RSS. Follow us on Facebook at alaskapublic.org and on Twitter @aprn.

Comments

Please read our comment guidelines.