What’s up with the weather?
Huge storms in the fall. A winter that was slow to start and then wouldn’t quit. A late, frigid spring that turned into a scorching June. On the next Hometown Alaska, we’ll talk about just how unusual the weather has been, and how that relates to climate–or doesn’t. Tune in with your questions for our weather and climate experts.
John Walsh, President’s Professor of Global Change & Chief Scientist, International Arctic Research Center, UAF
- Eugene Petrescu, Regional Scientist, National Weather Service, Alaska Region
- National Weather Service, Alaska Region
- Alaska Climate Summaries
- NOAA background information on climate change
- EPA student’s guide to climate change
- Alaska climate change impacts and adaptation — EPA
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 19, 2013. 2:00 – 3:00 pm (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 19, 2013. 7:00 – 8:00 pm (Alaska time)