Why are some people happy despite great suffering while others, with seemingly everything, suffer deep emotional distress? How are our emotions driven by our thinking and behavior? Can we actively and intentionally improve our happiness?
The pursuit of happiness has been a source of great discussion throughout the ages and the study of happiness is a growing field of interest as scientists learn more about how our brain works to produce feelings of well being.
On the next Line One, Prentiss Pemberton returns as host to discuss the science and psychology of Happiness with Anchorage Psychologist Jennifer Beathe.
- UPenn: Authentic Happiness
- Psychology Today: Happiness
- TED Talks: Happiness
- The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living by Russ Harris
- Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy by Steven Hayes
- How to Be Happy with Your Money
HOST : Prentiss Pemberton, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Counseling Solutions
GUEST: Dr. Jennifer Beathe, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
LIVE BROADCAST: July 29, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: July 29, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: