On the next Line One, our discussion the focuses on the facts and figures, the risk factors and warning signs,and the key research findings on suicide and suicide prevention. The guests are John Madigan, Senior Director of Public Policy for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and Deborah Bonito, wife of Senator Mark Begich, and co-chair of a Senate spouse’s organization that focuses on suicide prevention.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Alaska
- Mental Health PSA – Featuring Deborah Bonito
- Reducing Suicide: A National Imperative. Goldsmith S.K., Pellmar T.C., Kleinman A.M., & Bunney W.E. (Eds.). (2002).
- The Final Months: A Study of the Lives of 134 Persons Who Committed Suicide. Robins E. (1981).
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide. Jamison K.R. (2000).
HOST : Dr. Thad Woodard, Anchorage pediatrician
- John Madigan, Senior Director of Public Policy for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Deborah Bonito, wife of Senator Mark Begich, co-chair of a Senate spouse’s organization that focuses on suicide prevention
LIVE BROADCAST: August 5, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: August 5, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by:
Audio will be posted following radio broadcast