Anchorage’s Ice Storm Closures
Anchorage School District:
- Classes will continue as normal.
- All after-school activities are canceled.
University of Alaska Anchorage:
- Anchorage, Eagle River and JBER campuses of UAA will be closing at 12:45 p.m. today due to icy road conditions.
- Classes beginning after 12:45 p.m. are canceled.
- UAA hockey game this evening at Sullivan arena will continue to be played as scheduled.
Alaska Pacific University
- Closing at 1:30 PM today Friday, Nov. 22.
- All classes, activities, and performances are cancelled for the remainder of the day.
Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson:
- JBER has instituted an early release, allowing non-essential personnel to go home.
- Road Condition: Red – Drivers will exercise caution and reduce speeds by 10 miles per hour below the posted speed limit.
- Alaska Special Olympics bowling has been cancelled for TODAY. Weather permitting, events will continue tomorrow and Sunday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The National American Indian Heritage event that was scheduled for 1 p.m. at the Talkeetna Theater on JBER-Elmendorf, has been cancelled due to weather.
- People Mover buses have resumed operation as of 2:50pm.
- AnchorRIDES has canceled service except for life sustaining trips and returning riders transported this morning, back to their home locations. All other trips are canceled, including Eagle River Connect and Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center.
- Aiming to have 4:30pm and 6:30pm buses to pick up passengers in Anchorage. Subject to change.
Mat-Su Borough School District:
- All after school and Saturday activities are canceled due to weather.
- Anchorage and Mat-Su state offices Will close at 2:00pm due to inclement weather.
- Will be open, but parents need to get children picked up as early as possible from Camp Fire given the deteriorating road conditions.