UPDATED: Mon. 12/16 at 11:00 AMThis program has been postponed due to illness. Line One: Your Health Connection will return Jan. 6, 2014.
We all know those people. People who insist that life is a bowl full of cherries and that it rains dandelion kisses. People who practice gratitude despite great suffering and who choose charity and humility over self gain or glorification. Those among us who make us feel better when we are around them, who inspire us to be kinder, gentler, and more humane. Ever wonder why people like that tend to be happier and more successful? Do you find yourself wishing you could be a more positive person or appreciate more, the blessings you have?
Research studies show that individuals who exhibit and express the most gratitude are happier, healthier, and more energetic. Grateful people report fewer symptoms such as headaches, stomachaches, nausea, even acne, and spend more time exercising. Additionally the more a person is inclined towards gratitude, the less lonely, stressed, anxious and depressed he or she will be.
Joining us in studio for her second appearance on Line One will be Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Jennifer Beathe. We will be exploring the connection between gratitude and positive thinking, and our physical and emotional health.
- Mayo Clinic: Positive thinking: Reduce stress by eliminating negative self-talk
- HuffPost: The Science of Positive Thinking: How Positive Thoughts Build Your Skills, Boost Your Health, and Improve Your Work
- The Atlantic: How the Power of Positive Thinking Won Scientific Credibility
- Psy Central: The Power of Positive Thinking
- High Existence: The Power of Positive Thinking
- The Power Of Gratitude – Why Gratitude Brings Happiness
- Power of Gratitude And Why Thanksgiving Truly Matters
- The Power of Positive Thinking
HOST : Prentiss Pemberton, Anchorage Licensed Clinical Social Worker
LIVE BROADCAST: December 16, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: December 16, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: