The Legislature is going to go back into session next week, and one of the big issues they’re expecting to grapple with is permitting. A controversial bill that would put restrictions on water rights and limit who can appeal state decisions has been criticized by Native groups and fishing interests, but the Department of Natural Resources says it’s needed to streamline the agency’s work.
HOST: Alexandra Gutierrez, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Ed Fogels, Deputy Commissioner, DNR
- Natasha Singh, General Counsel, Tanana Chiefs Conference
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.