Growing Food Near the Kitchen
During the Second World War, household “Victory Gardens” produced almost half the food the nation consumed. Now home gardens produce about two percent. Could the path to food security run though a garden plot in your front yard?
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Roger Doiron, founder, Kitchen Gardeners International
- Leah Wagner, founder, Foundroot
- Staff members, Alaska Botanical Garden
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.