Twenty-five years after the Exxon Valdez oil spill nearly all damaged wildlife populations have been declared “recovered,” but the spill’s impact left lasting marks on people. With another major spill taking place just four years ago, it’s time to talk about loss of trust, and how to restore it.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Lois Epstein, P.E., Master of Civil Engineering, Arctic Program Director, the Wilderness Society, member of the BSEE Ocean Energy Safety Advisory Committee
- Marilyn Heiman, Director, U.S. Arctic Program, Pew Charitable Trusts
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.