Screening recommendations for prostate cancer have changed, leading to confusion and uncertainty for some. Join host Dr. Thad Woodard and guest Dr. Josh Logan to clarify current recommendations and the reasoning behind them.
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Joshua Logan is the first and only urologic oncologist in the state of Alaska. He specializes in studying, diagnosing and treating cancers of the urinary system, which includes the prostate, testicles, kidneys and bladder. A native of Atlanta, Dr. Logan comes to Anchorage from Southern California, where he served as a fellow in urologic oncology at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) before joining the Alaska Urological Institute. He received his medical degree from the prestigious Emory University School of Medicine.
- CDC Prostate Screening information
- An interesting discussion of England’s prostate screening recommendations starts at about 18:50 on this BBC program
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, April 7, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, April 7, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: