What was William Seward thinking when he pushed the purchase of Alaska from Russia? What would most surprise him if he could see Alaska now? Seward’s Day is a state holiday; a town and a highway are named after him; but who was he? Two historians will help us understand why we’re not part of Russia, on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Walter Stahr, author, “Seward, Lincoln’s Indispensable Man”
- Steve Haycox, Professor Emeritus of History, University of Alaska Anchorage, author of“Alaska, an American Colony”
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.