Athletic events in Alaska often have a purpose. The heart run, the ski for women. We look at cause-driven events, and why they’re important to the people involved and to the entire community. Host Charles Wohlforth is joined by a bicyclist who lives with diabetes and rides to help raise money to fight the disease, and a runner who got inspired by Leukemia survivors to help get others involved.
- American Diabetes Assoc Tour de Cure
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Alaska Team in Training
- Alaska Run for Women
- Ski for Women
- American Heart Assoc Alaska Heart Run
- Lung Association Clean Air Challenge
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Brenda Bowles, Leukemia Team in Training athlete
- Michelle Cassano, executive director, American Diabetes Assoc.
- Anne Kessler, athlete, Tour de Cure and other events
PARTICIPATE: Facebook: Outdoor Explorer (comments may be read on-air)
BROADCAST: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. AKDT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via
Go to OUTDOOREXPLORER.ORG