Wilderness in Alaska
Whether you call it locking up land or protecting it, wilderness designation raises some profound cultural, biological and management questions. As it turns 50 years old, is the Wilderness Act showing signs of age? Or has it barely reached maturity? Nowhere in the country is there more wilderness than Alaska.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- J. Michael Holloway, author, Dreaming Bears, a Gwich’in Indian Storyteller, a Southern Doctor, a Wild Corner of Alaska
- Produced segments by Aviva Hirsch, Reid Magdanz and Nikki Navio
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.