Why is Anchorage so diverse?
Anchorage has some of the most diverse high schools and neighborhoods in the nation. This is new. In 30 years, the city’s minorities have gone from 15 percent to 34 percent of the population. We’ll explore why this change has happened, from the perspective of foreign-born Anchorage residents. What qualities made our town attractive when they were looking for a better life?
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Indra Arriaga, Mexican-American community
- Eddie Hunsinger, demographer, Alaska Department of Labor
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 4, 2014. 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, June 4, 2014. 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. (Alaska time)