Our biggest dog park in Anchorage seems to be Chugach State Park. On any sunny day on the trails into the mountains, you will encounter a lot of dogs and their people, enjoying the space and getting the exercise they both need.
If you love your dog, of course you want to take him or her to do the things you love. But there are outdoor hazards for dogs, just as there are for people, and there are other people and animals who may not like your dog, and even special risks like traps.
Host Charles Wohlforth and guests will talk about enjoying the outdoors with your dog, fun stuff you can do, what to be careful of, and how to avoid being a jerk around non-dog people.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game videos and guides to releasing a pet from a trap
- Map of Anchorage’s off-leash dog areas
- Municipality of Anchorage animal control list of adoptable pets
- Aug. 16, 2014, Dog Days of Summer event downtown
- Friends of Pets, Anchorage
- Scoop the Poop info at Anchorage Waterways Council
BROADCAST: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. AKDT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via
Go to OUTDOOREXPLORER.ORG